PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulfstream II
Thread: Gulfstream II
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2012, 14:06
CL300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
450 hours at 2mio... multiply by two and you will have the proper number.

Place of registration, new regulations to come, loads of informations to phase in.
One thing for sur no G2, G3 and old airframe like this. Even for the next 5 years, RVSM is not the issue anymore, ADS-B, cpdlc, Rnp....just to name a few...these are the concern of retained value at 5 years.

I understand that the capital cost is somewhat a concern, and running costs can be taken as they come; but the value of a transatlantic/transcontinental jet is at a minimum of 8 millions, capital that you can reasonably recoup at 50% in 5 years; now you add the downtime costs due to maintenance with this type of utilisation, the turnover of the crews due to the usual stuff, etc. you are looking for a final cashflow over 5 years of 20 mio....for 2000 hours...Can you afford it ? The rest is litterature on my opinion, but i can equally give you a quote of only 10 mio for this period, if i do not count, catering, hotac, enroute taxes, sbs , etc..

Enjoy the corporate world, but like it was written earlier, from 0 to a large transatlantic aircraft, and NO inhouse experience, prepare the cash machine !