PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Michael O'Leary on Hard Talk
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2012, 12:58
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was a previous Hardtalk with MOL & Sackur a few months ago. I assume there are researchers who prepare the interview and provide the questions and associated briefing for the interviewer. Then it was quite obvious the researchers didn't know what were the real issues to be discussed and what darts to toss at MOL. The interview focused on medium priority issues and allowed MOL to deflect any sharp arrows with ease and spout his usual mantra. I suspect this was the same, not having seen it. Using researchers with low knowledge of their subject they will always tend towards the sensational controversy rather than a real deep-seated critical issue. In this case the interviewee knew more about the issues than the interviewer and so could fob him off too easily.
The same was true of his presentation in Brussels about innovation is modern business. It was pure propaganda, with some good points it's true, but very economical with the truth; and he got away with it. Green is always slimy and slippery.