PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2012, 12:54
Squawk-7600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Olive61, my sincere apologies, I intertwined your story with that of "Trevor" however I see they are in fact from quite different authors.

My point, nevertheless, remains unmoved. You made a post addressed to "Qantas". To the best of my knowledge "Qantas" does not read the Professional Pilots Rumour Network, at least nobody who is likely to have any influence in the outcome of your experience, especially as an anonymous poster.

This forum is a members forum, private forums exist elsewhere for their members, and my post detailing why I have chosen, as many others have, to not fly QANTAS, is consistent with PPRUNEs overall mission.
I feel you are mistaken on the latter point, hence why I presume your post was deleted, but certainly why I posed the question to you. The hint as to this forum's overall mission is in the forum's title. While it is not my forum, nor am I even a moderator, I feel confident in saying that it's "mission" as you put it, is not for aggrieved customers to vent their spleen, regardless of how justified, as yours clearly was. To put it another way, you are preaching to the choir. From what I have witnessed, most of the Qantas staff are at least as frustrated, if not more so, than yourself and have heard similar stories to your own innumerable times. Once it's been established that the sky is indeed blue, I personally can't much point in people continuing to point out that the sky is blue based on their own observations. Perhaps that's just me. Both I, and they "get it" to put it in your parlance. Nevertheless I've witnessed several members offer a solution for you, to which you have dismissed on the basis:

I don't run QA memos to CEOs of companies I no longer deal with. I'm far too busy, and have already moved on - see the original post.
I would respectfully suggest that it would certainly appear that you haven't in fact "moved on", and I can't say I blame you for that. However that being the case your extremely rare and valuable time would be better served by addressing the problem by means other than shooting the messengers, and other pilots on this forum have suggested alternative ways above.