PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2012, 11:20
Olive61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squawk 7600

To answer a few points for you:

I started a thread which it appears you have read. The Mod closed it and I pointed out to the Mod what the intent of the Thread was. The Mod took the point of the thread and merged it here – that’s what Mods do, at their discretion.

It’s not a complaint – as has been pointed out more than once here – it is comment and contribution on a topic which appears to have received more than 1000 contributions. The same topic has received more than it’s fair share of public comment in the press – some of which has been posted in various threads here. Is it relevant ? I think so, and so did the Mod. Relevant to what ? See the last two paras of Grip Pipes original post here …….

So, where to now for Qantas? I know what I remember about Qantas but I can find none of it in the current airlines experience. I cannot think of a single thing about Qantas that would now make me buy a Qantas ticket over another carrier or pay a premium to do so. Ten years ago I would have chosen Qantas first intenationally and split the difference domestically to be fair but now I cannot.

So to answer my question, where to now? the answer is in how you make Qantas unique again? and can you?

There have been a number of other separate threads started on exactly the same theme and they have been merged here.

It was not one unpleasant experience followed by a dummy spit – it was the last straw having put up with declining service delivery over an extended period of time – as has been pointed out in the posts already.

I was not offered ‘bread and water’ as you state – quite a loose dramatization on your part – it was as I posted, and there is no embellishment. The aircraft hadn’t run out of anything as far as I know. I made a perfectly reasonable service request, and was treated in a manner aptly described as completely dismissive, unacceptable by any reasonable standard, and totally unprofessional.

This forum is a members forum, private forums exist elsewhere for their members, and my post detailing why I have chosen, as many others have, to not fly QANTAS, is consistent with PPRUNEs overall mission. If you don’t like the post, or don’t get it, you are perfectly free to ignore it.