PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Army aircraft technician
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2012, 10:58
ConfusedMatloe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Army aircraft technician

Hello

I am not certain whether this is the correct audience for my questions but here goes

I am in the process of carrying out a complete career change from the a medic in the navy to aircraft technician in the Army. I have been considering aircraft engineering for the past 3 years but due to operations and personal life i have only now managed to take the plunge and submit my notice to leave the navy.

I am going through the normal career office approach for the army at present, but i am curious if i am making the right decision by going to the army as opposed to a civilian training academy for qualifications/ future employability etc. I would like to remain in a military environment but if there are any ex army technicians reading this could they advise me from less rose tinted perspective about the pros and cons of my decision

just for some perspective i have spent most of my career on land ops with the royal marines so i am not coming from a typical naval perspective, and every time i looked at the apaches supporting our patrol i wanted to be the one working on them

many thanks for any help you can provide

Rob