PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus SR22 Chute Pull - (Post landing Video) Birmingham Alabama 6th Oct 2012
Old 13th Oct 2012, 08:51
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gep

I have read his report. Its an opinion and as with any opinion there are parts with which i agree and others with which i dont. However i am very surprised with regards to his comments about the feedback from the sidestick particularly during slow flight. I dont recognise his description.

As to spinning reading the easa report the point is made that pushing the stick rapidly forward when the aircraft spins nose down is not naturally intuitive. The report also cites the lack of spin training. I find it very difficult to conclude reading the report how on earth some jump to the conclusion once a spin is entered it is virtually impossible to recover. The evidence suggests very differently, while recognising that such is spin training these days and because of the particular spin characteristics of the cirrus most pilots will not make a good job of recovering.

I wonder how many pilots would recover an aerobat or a slingsby from a spin? A fa200 spins very nicely but nose down. I found it a bit disconcerting and i have often wondered if a cirrus presents in the same way. I am not intending to find out.

Last edited by Fuji Abound; 13th Oct 2012 at 08:57.