PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus SR22 Chute Pull - (Post landing Video) Birmingham Alabama 6th Oct 2012
Old 13th Oct 2012, 08:11
goldeneaglepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rory Dixon; My quotes were from Philip Greenspun - he is a very well respected pilot and Cirrus owner.

Cirrus SR20 (and a bit about the SR22)

I searched very hard to try to find any official report of the claimed 60 spins during flight testing for EASA certification, please explain why the type certificate shows the CRI B2 comments with reference to spinning.

I think that the Cirrus is a great aeroplane, but cant help but wonder if some have now gained confidence into entering flight conditions that they would not have entered had the CAPS system not been in place.

Equally I note that Cirrus advocates use of the CAPS system as a last resort, yet it would seem some regard it as a first line SOP.

Without doubt the CAPS system has saved lives, but had it not been there then how many times would the pilot have ventured into the flight conditions that required its use. The deployment over Oxfordshire would seem to be one of those times.

Air Accidents Investigation: Cirrus SR20, N470RD