PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus SR22 Chute Pull - (Post landing Video) Birmingham Alabama 6th Oct 2012
Old 13th Oct 2012, 07:00
Rory Dixon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think, BPF has hit the nail with his first statement. The whole discussion somehow reminds me of the (by now fortunately pretty much terminated) discussion about the use of GPS. There are the old guys who truly believe, that everything is fine the way they do it. And there are other ones who can imagine the possibilities and start thinking out of the box. Because sometimes new technology needs other approaches than the existing stuff. There is a lot of data available proving 007s SOPs. The fact, that (obviously) many people have not really done their homework, have not searched for the available knowledge, and have not started to inform themselves, does not erase this knowledge. If you are really interested, get informed!

The second point from BPF is, I believe, also quite true, but is wrong in being limited to the Cirrus. It holds true for other airplane with comparable use, therefore not a Cirrus specific problem, but a problem of todays training environment (what BPF has also stated).