PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus SR22 Chute Pull - (Post landing Video) Birmingham Alabama 6th Oct 2012
Old 13th Oct 2012, 06:17
goldeneaglepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
007 - Sadly I think there are hints within your posts of a lack of understanding of the issues with respect to the Cirrus. Without doubt its a great aeroplane, its fast, flies great and certainly does the job incredibly well. However it does require a different approach to its operation than say a typical Arrow or Rockwell Commander. This is due to its slippery nature, the control feedback and its integrated systems.

You seem to be under the impression that its spin charecteristics are typical of GA aircraft and are fully certified within EASA. They are not, a quick study of the type approval draws attention to some special conditions with regards spinning.

http://www.easa.europa.eu/certificat...3-30012012.pdf

You asked about my quote, put the text of my quote into Goggle and you will find the full article.

What BPA said is a very good summary of the BRS system and its advantadges, however one does have to ask if it lulls some pilots into taking to the air in conditions that they would not have considered in an aircraft not equipped with the BRS.

With respect to the spin, its a recognised problem that if you slow down, turn sharply and push the Cirrus it will bite you, people have died because of exactly that. It's an aircraft that inspires confidence due to having the BRS fitted, however does it inspire too much confidence that it will get you out of every adverse situation?

It was interesting reading the comments of 007 regarding the listed failiure situations and in which ones he would have pulled the handle.