PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia 737-800 lost by air traffic control for 30 minutes
Old 13th Oct 2012, 05:50
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's typical of the bull**** political culture that has developed in 'hate castle'
'Hate castle' would that be the recently refurbed building talked about in this Senator X question:
Rural & Regional Affairs and Transport Legislation Committee
ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS ON NOTICE
Budget Estimates May 2012
Infrastructure and Transport
Question no.: 74
Program: n/a
Division/Agency: (AA) Airservices Australia
Topic: Alan Woods Building Refurbishment
Proof Hansard Page/s: 38 (23/05/12)
Senator XENOPHON asked:

Senator XENOPHON: I will roll it into one. I am happy for this to be taken on notice. As I understand it, the St Hilliers construction arm went into voluntary administration recently, but ASIC searches could have indicated problems with that contractor for some time. Did you conduct due diligence of the liquidity of St Hilliers at the time you signed up with them?

Mr Clark: It is certainly normal practice for us to conduct due diligence on any tenderer that we are dealing with. In relation to St Hilliers, Senator, I will certainly have to take that on notice.

Answer:

Airservices completed a financial and legal risk assessment of St Hilliers which determined that the risks were tolerable and as good or better than the other tenders for the Alan Woods Building project.
It would appear JR that the 'bean counter' A/CEO can't even apply basic risk assessment protocols into a field that he is intimately more qualified in.

Although the 'BC' A/CEO is not adverse to thumbing his nose at Senator X:

Question no.: 71
Topic: CEO Spouse Travel
Proof Hansard Page/s: 36 (23/05/12)
Senator XENOPHON asked:

Senator XENOPHON: On notice, can you please provide details of how much Mr Russell's spouse cost taxpayers?

Mr Clark: Yes. Of course.

Answer:

Airservices Australia receives no Government appropriation.
No he may not be a good risk assessor but he sure has the makings of a good snout in trough 'crat', also evidenced here where his "spin" answer in no way addresses the question:
Question no.: 72
Topic: Staff Numbers
Proof Hansard Page/s: 37 (23/05/12)
Senator XENOPHON asked:

Senator XENOPHON: In 2010-11, the figures I have are that the expenditure is $772.6 million, with staff numbers of 3,886, an increase of 29.7 per cent and 890 extra staff members. Of that 29 per cent increase, what increase was there in air traffic controllers in that time?

Mr Clark: The number of air traffic controllers has increased slightly over that period of time. I can certainly provide more detail on notice.

Senator XENOPHON: Not by 29 per cent, though.

Mr Clark: No. Not by 29 per cent.

Senator XENOPHON: I suggest to you maybe only two or three per cent?

Mr Clark: Well, I would certainly have to take that on notice in terms of the sheer number.

But the increase in staff within Airservices Australia has been predominantly around new functions, such as the environment function. Airservices Australia is also now delivering some $200 million worth of capex around Australia both regionally and within capital cities.

That has caused us to increase quite significantly the number of project staff. We have also commenced a range of new services, both aviation risk and firefighting and air traffic control, in at least three locations in recent times.
Answer:

The number of air traffic controllers including trainees increased from 2006-07 to 2010-11 by 9.5%.
Jack I can see why you guys dub it 'Hate Castle' when you have numbnuts like this Captaining the ship.

ps JR your posts sound oh so similar to 'quick wins', or is it just that there are several like-minded people chucking rocks on the roof of 'Hate Castle'?