PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can a modern IFR Instrument Panel be as SMALL as a glider instrument panel?
Old 12th Oct 2012, 22:12
Bearcat F8F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys.

Mark1, I never knew someone already had the same idea as me. Although clearly it hasn't been built yet. I am aware of gliders which have jet turbines to launch them to altitude. However my idea assumes the creation of 2 intirely different aircraft in almost the same airframe. I am only interested in pushing forward this conceptual design so long, as it doesn't result in any significant compromise between the two different kinds of aircraft and their missions.

alf5071h, thanks for the info and suggestions. Yes the cockpit is one of the 1st considerations. I haven't even started the project yet and as you can see this is literally my 1st question for obvious reasons. Have you got any say on what Ka8 Flyer is asking? A HUD? Could that potentially work?

I may of course, for simplicity, design the jet variant as VFR only - just fly around and enjoy- type of thing, but obviously this is a huge chunk of a potential market cut off.