PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Restricted Radiotelephony Operator Permit
Old 12th Oct 2012, 21:10
cambioso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US Restricted Radiotelephony Operator Permit

I have been advised (by the Manx Authorities) that I must obtain a Restricted Radiotelephony Operator Permit (?!) from the USA so that they can progress a new Manx Validation (using my FAA ATP) for a different "M" aircraft.
I have looked at the website for the FCC and it is about the most chaotic and confusing document I have EVER tried to read! It appears that I must fill in a form 605 online. The form (when opened) doesn't allow me to fill it in on my computer.
PLEASE has anyone any advice on how to obtain (with the minimum of fuss!) this Restricted Radiotelephony Operator Permit when one is not a US resident AND will not be flying an "N" reg aircraft but instead flying an "M" reg aircraft? There seem to be no entries for non-US domiciled people and only the facility to place an "N" reg a/c tail number in the form 605 (when we need to put our "M" reg a/c there).
Is there a separate form (that I have missed in the hugely confusing website) for foreign applicants?
I really am at my wits end with this, having tried (unsuccessfully) to fathom it out of the last 2 hours!
Really would appreciate assistance on this Guys...............
Thanks, and BWs
Jez

Last edited by cambioso; 12th Oct 2012 at 21:11.