PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus SR22 Chute Pull - (Post landing Video) Birmingham Alabama 6th Oct 2012
Old 12th Oct 2012, 20:06
007helicopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having had some experience of the cost and complexity of composite repairs I am amazed that the repair cost is so low. The AC in the video has significant wing root damage from the wheel spat, the U/C is delaminated and that illustrates the stresses involved. The engine will require a shock load strip down and new prop, and thats only what is visible in the video.
Just what I was told by someone who I believe knows the facts, bear in mind appx 30 may not have been economically repairable.

With the chute delpoyed what is the verical descent rate?
17knots is the speed, not sure exactly in ft/min but can check

I have heard some stories of back injuries due to the deceleration
from the 37 I only recall one serious back injury (but may be wrong) he I believe cracked a vertebrae on a water landing, i think the Hudson North of NYC, however he was still able to swim to the shore unaided and 6 months later was fully recovered and able to snow board.

The last one on water was Dick Mcglaughin in the Bahams after engine failure, no back problems and a great blog here if you have time Early Reflections on CAPS Pull #32 by Dick McGlaughlin in the Bahamas - Pull early, pull often! - Cirrus Owners and Pilots Association