PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2012, 19:58
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things that make you Hmmm?!

The inquiry into the ditching was, I had hoped, going to make a difference; seems not.

The 'Old man' at the pub last night was a bit down, "wuzzup Pops" says I. It's hard to get the bugger to say much, but eventually the story emerges.

"There is a mountain of submissions being made to the committee, many of these are 'tough love' and will be difficult to handle". "So what" say I: "that's what we pay for, ain't it".

He shakes his old head and smiles at me, sad like. I had to buy him another pint, "No mate, they are only accepting the submissions they want for publication; the rest go confidential". "That's OK" says I, "ain't it? the tough ones will be dealt with".

Another pint disappears: "You don't get it Junior, if a submission is not published, neither is the response: how to shut down the inquiry 101, in a parliament near you". Another shake of the head; "buy me a pint and forget about the Senate Inquiry son; it's a done deal".

It was a very quiet walk home.

Last edited by Kharon; 12th Oct 2012 at 20:08. Reason: Not hogging the page - just needed some space.