PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2012, 19:11
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day Blackie, survived your 'life and death' encounter with the DPP then.

Correct again – legal Monday, toast Friday. It's crazy stuff. Funny thing though, I was looking for a reference yesterday, thought I'd seen something in a Phelan article a while ago. Anyway; I eventually found the two year old piece and there at the bottom (right down) I came across a readers comments, posted only recently (11/10/12). There are two comments, I thought they were worth reproducing here.

To hell with the rules.

Comment 1 - posted Oct 11, 2012.

When retired WC Bruce Byron the incoming CEO in 2004 withdrew the PAP ICAO /FAR harmonized universal aviation law part 43/66/145/147 suite allegedly in-transit to the Ministers office for signing he resumed rulemaking powers separated under the Sharp/Leroy/PAP which directed CASA to uphold the government’s universal aviation law treaty obligations and responsibilities for CASA’s Safety Oversight Program to be very closely harmonized with the FAA airworthiness system.

Bruce Byron replaced the illegally withdrawn PAP package with an undeveloped hybrid EASA licence and MRO regulatory agenda to return aerospace products to service to CASA’s satisfaction – not the FAA’s satisfaction-

The national airworthiness regulations are crafted to employ CASA airworthiness officers unemployable(ex ADF) under FAA law to inspect civil TC’d and STC’d aerospace products for design conformity.

CASA’s sub ICAO standard resources won’t allow them to service an FAA regulated Safety Oversight Program.

CASA was identified as a ‘non compliant ICAO state in the ICAO 1999 audit identifying among other non compliant ICAO SARP’s harmonized in Annex 1,6, and 8 articles the regulator was also non compliant with its administration staff including sub stand AW inspectors.

CASA promised to bring CASA up to ICAO/FAA standards to inspect aerospace products for conformity not as CASA presently does relying on tick boxed check lists as ‘conformity’ inspections, but by inspecting the aerospace product for conformity as supported by the records.

WC Bruce Byron resolved CASA resources dilemma by withdrawing the PAP maintenance suite package with his ‘Orphan Annie’ package which exhibits the hallmarks of ‘military aviation’ return to service system to ‘ an engineer officers satisfaction’-'Do as you are told’.

Today we are a ‘banana republic aviation industry’ not internationally recognized with our operators returning aerospace products to service to CASA’s satisfaction not the FAA’s satisfaction hence we invalidate the US governments design warranty for their TC’d aerospace products.

CASA now holds the warranty for upkeep of the design standard, hence the convoluted prescriptive , dysfunctional paperwork to cover their ‘butts’ as they are most unwilling to accept the liability and responsibility of declaring an aerospace product is ‘design compliant’! Inefficient, jeopardizes the safety margin, but is a lucrative revenue earner providing unnecessary unqualified airworthiness –

This system has been referred to by FAA AW inspectors as ‘The CASA ‘Tombstone’ Safety Oversight Program.!- First the aircraft crashes then you carry out a ‘post mortem’ to work out what happened’ Is there any wonder why we are not ‘internationally recognized’!
Crazy, crazy stuff.

Last edited by Kharon; 12th Oct 2012 at 19:35.