PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JHAS Keeps 457's over Local workers in new Redundancy round
Old 12th Oct 2012, 12:42
600ft-lb

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I understand JHAS needed a foot in the door, which is where my point will lead. But now they're in the game, it's obvious this isn't a cheap sport. Skilled labour costs money, facilities cost money, training costs, safety costs, everything costs.

The race to the bottom in terms of chasing the ever lower expectation of the LCC and international operators by providing the service at absolute minimum cost has had this effect on JHAS.

If JHAS were able to charge customers more then the cost of doing the business would they be running at a loss ?

I think it's time the AMSA's and JHAS's and the IASA's(RIP) stop pandering to the unreal expectations of foreign and local carriers for doing the work for next to nothing. It's not JHAS's fault they are trying to balance running a profitable business with a fully compliant service to the industry. We should be at least glad there is a further airliner based career path out there except the major airlines.

I just make this suggestion, the next time Air "insert 3rd world country here" says we want to pay $50/transit, tell them its $1000 - ie the cost of doing business plus a bit on top, it will only benefit us all.