PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Impending first solo - NOW DONE MY FIRST SOLO 20/10/2012 !!!
Old 12th Oct 2012, 10:21
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heston

I should not have posted this to you specifically but this Lady is a confessed very nervous flyer who has done amazingly well to overcome those nerves.
As stated you are as likely to have a first solo have to divert because of runway closure as you are to have unforecast fog roll in.
In 30 years of flying I have never heard of a first solo having to divert have you?

Pace

I've never actualy taken any medication for anxiety on an everday basis. SO don't worry about undisclosed stuff on my medical. i'm not that silly!
I'm a nervous flyer , valium was suggested. I took them once. It just gave me a headache.

I used to self medicate with alcohol on the plane , didn't help either.

The therapy got me to a stage where I could manage the panic attacks. They only happen in turbulence on large planes . Don't ask me why but the smaller the plane the happier I was!

The underlying issue is a control thing , not a flear of flying. But I'm still damn pleased with myself
She has every right to be pleased as she has changed her mindset on a number of things since the above post in this thread

Last edited by Pace; 12th Oct 2012 at 10:32.