PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2012, 08:07
Fuel-Off

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Whilst it's disappointing to see more and more customers leave, the reasons appear to be the same. Poor aircraft presentation, IFE is old and/or unreliable and Cabin Crew being rude.

I certainly don't want to single out the mainline Cabin Crew...but the question begs why are some of them quite rude? I have personally experienced this on many occasions whist travelling for leisure with some cabin crew reminding me of old Russian dance teachers. I'm reminded in a very patronising way that I'm last to receive a meal before the commercial pax (well duh!) and in some cases completely ignored. Now I'm sure some of you are saying 'well he's staff not royalty!'. Of course this is true but I'm sure all of us have heard exactly the same treatment being dished out to commerical pax; all of where our bread and butter comes from.

This is a generalisation but is becoming more and more frequent. Are there any cabin crew able to enlighten what's going on? Is it the culture? Is it the training (or lack thereof?) Is it the morale? I know Qantas is going through the doldrums at the moment, but doesn't that mean we should be all doing our upmost to keep the struggling brand magical with a strong work ethic?

Having said all this I have seen some sterling work buy the flighties with very sick passengers, UMs, nervous flyers etc. It is unfortunate that the negative experiences stick, but can't we reduce those negative experiences if a smile was cracked once in a while and maintain our customer base, ergo our ability to earn a living?

Fuel-Off