PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus SR22 Chute Pull - (Post landing Video) Birmingham Alabama 6th Oct 2012
Old 12th Oct 2012, 06:21
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Columbia is a better plane than the Cirrus but does not achieve anything like the sales figure of the Cirrus.
They would be well advised to follow suit and offer a built in chute system!
I am sure I read that fatalities in Cirrus occur where the chute is not pulled so it may well be the case that pilots are advised to use the chute in most circumstances and that 007 is right in his thinking?i do think the concept of a parachute lowering the complete aircraft and its occupants to the ground is a breakthrough safety advancement and evidence seems to suggest that the system is reliable.
It would be interesting to compare deaths in cirrus aircraft to conventional aircraft and analyse the nature of the accidents where a chute pull would have reduced those death rates as then there may emerge a clearer pull or no pull policy
It would also be interesting to know of the deployed aircraft how many have been repaired and brought back into service rather than being totalled?

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 12th Oct 2012 at 06:53.