PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulfstream II
Thread: Gulfstream II
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2012, 05:03
biocybertronics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to clear up a few things, the Facebook side and social media I personally hate with a passion, we sell to governments and typical until recently not in the private sector, so we did not need that crap though we are trying to branch into that hence some stupid facebook page etc, though I have no real interest in that.

I'm not really a fan of all this social media, but understand times are changing and in fact we have a employee starting in November who that is solely their job, to clean it up, get more followers etc, as at the moment it is just something on the side for when we get a free moment.

As for the office, we have to be registered in VA and have a location within 40 mins of certain government clients, hence leasing a small place for 12 months so we have the address there. It is nothing more than that for contractual obligations.

So although on paper it is technically the corporate headquarters in the US, it is by no means the main place of business.

And we have been trading for a lot longer than 2010 however we were told we could not sign certain US contracts as a foreign entity, and therefore although we been trading in the US since 2007 and overall since 2000 in Europe, we registered in the US in 2010 as a separate entity although technically overall they are one of the same.

The reason I came on the forum myself to ask questions is because, I was in hospital after surgery for 10 days and therefore had a bit of downtime, and not to mention was bored sitting in a hospital bed so thought I would do something semi proactive and research it.

I will admit I am totally naive when it comes to aviation other than turning up at the airport, and catching my flight, my business is primary counter-terrorism and identification of individuals in conflict zones.

We have a budget and a mission all be it I did not know the terminology was a mission until I came on the forum, which is mainly the transport of equipment that is very specialized and expensive.

Yes I was interested in a GulfStream II, as aforementioned I know nothing about planes other than I know it is a respected name and carries a certain level of kudos.

As many people have mentioned in this post you can get them for next to nothing, which attracted my attention as this a/c was going for $280,000 well below our budget but I thought wow, this could come in a lot cheaper.
But despite the Brooker selling the a/c telling me how great is, and they are using it still etc, I thought the price difference is to good to be true hence the original post.

I have since the original post spoke to Av Consultant who is local to myself, as well as NetJets, and will shortly have the correct information and pros and cons of both.

For the people who offered legitimate advice, thank you.

P.S As for the green stuff, It is something I believe in, however I am not driving 36 hours three or four times a month when I need to fly to Texas or Utah so needs must.

Last edited by biocybertronics; 12th Oct 2012 at 05:05.