PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Academy...really added value for job later?
Old 11th Oct 2012, 21:39
DauphinDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They do their best to give you that impression. This is not the public school system, and they really want you money. But like said above, it won´t hurt. I do belive the contact you (might) make can be more beneficial that the name of the school. There are people from around the globe training there, and it will give you som insight as to where to look for that first job.

I did PPL to CLP there, then I did the IR elsewhere, and my impression is that the instructors there are really just young chaps without any REAL experience. When I did my IR i CA I flew with an ex-military Chinook-pilot, and that was night and day. Truly NIGHT and DAY.

I got the impression that the instructors at BA were really jumpy, never taking their hands of the collective and made inputs all the time when you were flying. That is bad for your training in my opinion.

There are other issues though. The availability of helicopters. As an FAA student, you are their last priority. Money rules, and the EASA and South American military pilots get to book copter in advance, then you get whats left.

Also, flying in FL is extremely boring. The after doing the course and flying in hilly terrain, it will feel like you have never flown before. It is a big difference for sure.