PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus SR22 Chute Pull - (Post landing Video) Birmingham Alabama 6th Oct 2012
Old 11th Oct 2012, 20:34
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MaxRed

My deepest and sincerest apologies it was posted up in the other long thread on Cirrus and was the as stated the Cirrus standpoint on the use of the chute regarding engine failure.
Basically glide to a suitable landing spot (ie conventional) If one is not available you may want to consider using the chute (unconventional)
I am sure someone will post up the exact extract for you or when I get back later I will wade through the stream of posts and place it up here just for your good self to peruse
many Cirrus instructors and clubs are wanting the chute to be used as a SOP for engine failure which is not approved by Cirrus or conventional engine failure procedures. That maybe the right thing to do but in my book Cirrus should endorse it!

At present there seems to be little manufacturer guidance!!! hence the subject of the Cirrus and its chute will generate discussion and debate as well as a certain amount of controversy!
Just through intense and absolute interest how does my quote above contradict what i have said I stand by every word

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 11th Oct 2012 at 20:43.