PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Cebu Pacific Crew here ?
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2012, 19:50
Jaz and the Fat Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Listen to Yano

What is happening in the Philippines at the present time is incredible and I mean this as a positive. Yes, if you have 300 hours and a type you can get a job. BUT, there are no guarantees and if you want that, I'd put an app in at Walmart. This pilot job is one big shake of the dice. There is no guarantee your medical certificate will be passed every six month either. Myself and many of the expats rolled that dice and cebu was kind enough to give us a place to get some current experience in the hottest airplane out there in terms of pilot demand. Now it's time to move on and make room for the next batch. They have caught on that there are many pilots that will accept local terms in order to get some hard core experience. Would you want to work there permanent, not unless you lived there and even then. the work is very hard and many times when you have your two days off, say monday and tuesday for example, you'll finish at 1am on monday, (that will start your days off) and then expected in front of dispatch on wednesday morning at 3am. Two days off? not really but heck, if you're making a future for yourself, does it really matter? I feel bad for the local pilots as it really is brutal.