PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2012, 19:31
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No not a contradiction. I'm disregarding the former quote saying it's complete rubbish. I don't believe Southend damages Stansted one bit, I think it's more the case that easyJet fear it's the other way around which is why they are cutting back! They would also not lose money by doing this because they can grow in different markets like Bristol and of course Edinburgh and Manchester as we've seen today!

I hope the move is temporary and if Stansted's new owners do lower fees then I dare say EasyJet will be back in adding more flights, but at the same time, may be EasyJet won't be that bothered as it would have sort have "moved on" by this time. It's also puzzeling why they are cutting back again at a time when the new owners will be in control (which will be early next year, BAA certainly won't have Stansted in June when one aircraft will be pulled out). Why would they have already made further cuts when there is a good chance of a better relationship with Stansted after the change of ownership? Either they believe it will make no difference or they have no commitment to providing a long term, growing operation at Stansted.