PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2012, 15:41
Pow-wow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is not correct at all !

Local media are reporting that nothing was decided about the outsourcing of maintenance at all.

They said it was one of the discussion points on today's agenda.

Nothing has been decided as the audit by the wonderful Wyman group is not complete yet, and that involves looking at a possible fleet restructuring for Cargolux. Until this is assessed, no decision can be taken anyway on whether or not maintenance is outsourced or what maintenance is need at LUX.

The only thing that the local media have reported as "apparently decided" is that there will be a collective work agreement based on the basic luxembourgish social parameters and that all employees would receive a basic salary. Any increases would be purely performance based - according to the media. They also claim that leave will be the legal minimum required by Luxembourg and no extra/additional days, and that the 13th month salary would be dropped.

I would take all this with great caution, as the media have and will misconstrue facts, whether by accident, misinformation or negligence or speculation.

Dont get me wrong, I am not taking any sides here, but I think its always a good idea not to jump to conclusion or scaremonger. This website alone pays tribute to the media misreporting all the time.

Sorry, havnt found an english version yet:

Wort.lu - Cargolux: Nächste Woche geht's weiter

Tageblatt Online - Runder Tisch am 23. Oktober - Luxemburg