PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus SR22 Chute Pull - (Post landing Video) Birmingham Alabama 6th Oct 2012
Old 11th Oct 2012, 12:56
maxred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
007, sorry I got pulled last night for kids bedtime. I was aware that the link was to PB, rumination, and did not manage to find the other piece I am sure I read. I will continue to look.

The issue is of course, the same as any other. Pilots, whether they have chute or not, straying out of depth, and into situations where the skill set does not match the predicament. Happens every day, hence not much movement on GA fatality stats.

Agree the chute provides an excellent, last chance saloon escape, however, the fundamental, and we keep coming back to it, is proper and adequate training and recency, for flying. Be it Instrument approaches and flying, speed management, general flying skills and ability, or the ability to pull the chute correctly.

The dark question is, - does perceived and added safety features, push individuals into ever more risk. I think yes, however, those indivuduals may have gone there anyway, safety feature or not.