PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2012, 03:54
Long John Silver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with you both there. Using the mou in its original intent and in a transparent fashion is not cue jumping, and my reference to it being so was infationary and wrong.

I can categorically state that there are captains who have been waiting several years to get back to BNE and OOL and have been prevented from doing so due to the recent influx of mou transfers. I can also say first hand that several mou transfers have been vocal in their hopes to "jump the cue" (their words, not mine) to a 787 command because of their 767 time.

However this is not my point, and I want to try and avoid wading into the argument.

When it comes down to it we all want a secure job with a future. Most of us have mortgages and families, and we all have a lot more in common than not. Most pilots find their careers progressing through luck and timming rather than sheer brilliance in their technical abilities.

As a Jetstar pilot who's career is directly affected by the mou I woulds say this to any mou pilot, "it's ok, I would do exactly the same thing if I were in your position".

As a fellow pilot I would say this to any jet connect pilot, "I genuinely wish you all the best".

Lets extend a hand of generosity and mateship to our fellow aviators. Regardless of the political outcome, it might just make us happier and be the antidote to the bitterness so many of us have become used to carrying in our profession.