PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2012, 03:07
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

On one hand you are happy to endorse que jumping via an mou to take commands and base postings over your bretheren who have been waiting either for an upgrade or a return to the base of choice...
Let's count the fallacies:
1. Que jumping- as far as I recall, there are Q numbers on the J* seniority list, therefore no one is jumping the que.
2. Bretheren waiting for an upgrade- those taking the upgrade via the mou have been waiting much longer than the 'bretheren' waiting for the upgrade or base transfer.
3. Bretheren waiting for a base transfer- not sure any one taking an upgrade via the MoU is preventing anyone from moving base. Quite the opposite in fact, the little deal done to lock the MoU commands to DRW means that some guys who have seniority to transfer out of DN won't be able to. If there are no vacancies outside of DRW in three years time when the base freeze finishes then they're not going anywhere even then.

So tell me again the issue you have? Ah yes, some have been inappropriate in their joy at others losing their jobs. They've been called on it by other Qantas pilots. I guess the parallel is the joy that the J* crew used to have in telling QF crew that they were going to be done over. I don't recall many J* crew calling their colleagues on that issue.

I agree completely with your last two paras LJS.