PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANGLESEY
Thread: ANGLESEY
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2012, 16:53
mathers_wales_uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe in 2012 it was reduced to 2 x weekly therefore a maximum capacity of 38 seats per week.

With very little marketing passenger numbers exceeded 50% of the capacity according to the stats provided by 'davidjohnson6'

The question is however could this route be viable all year round especially if it was linked with Belfast City offering a transit facility as when the route was first launched for Summer 2011?

The main issues that impact Anglesey Airport is the opening times of the airfield which doesn't assist with business friendly schedules especially on a friday when the airfield closes an hour earlier and on weekends when it's closed alltogether.

The landing fees at airport with runway capacity restraints are charged at a rate that attempts to put off the smaller aircraft to try and encourage larger aircraft to be used.

Who would base an aircraft at Anglesey as it is a proper niche market that have the correct aircraft size? Off the top of my head I can only really think of Eastern Airways or British Midland (Take 2) as Manx2 tend to only use 19 seater aircraft to avoid paying Air Passeneger Duty. They could however operate a route or two out of Anglesey.