PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus SR22 Chute Pull - (Post landing Video) Birmingham Alabama 6th Oct 2012
Old 10th Oct 2012, 14:36
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mad Jock

Listening to that report I do not know what to say. Fuji and others have convinced me about the benefits of the chute and I am all for this as the way ahead in the future of other SEPs.

Listening to the report I must admit on thinking what on earth was this guy doing flying approaches as he was a totally incapable instrument pilot who wrecked an aircraft due to his inabilities.

No wonder his girlfriend got a commercial back as I doubt she will ever set foot in an aircraft with this pilot again!

A bit like a second engine on a twin the chute gives options and is an excellent addition to safety for the pilot who respects that and uses it as a back up to his skills.

This is worrying as it shows a poor and incapable instrument pilot who should not have been flying in conditions he was not up to!

How much the chute lead him to fly in conditions he was not up to ????
I have my suspicions ?

Regardless thankfully for the chute they survived but there are some hard lessons to be learnt and some big cautions in false security that the chute may bring! If having it there encourages pilots to fly in conditions they or the aircraft are not up to then its a worrying addition.

That pilot was not up to a fairly easy approach and cloudbase.

One good thing he was humble about it so lets hope he gets some proper training and competence before heading off into the clouds again.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 10th Oct 2012 at 14:43.