PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged Keratoconus thread
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2012, 13:31
starsrocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recent Corneal Crosslinking

Hi All,

I am a US pilot flying for a major carrier for the last 23 years. Last year I was diagnosed with a form of keratocouns called pellucid marginal degeneration. I was just barely able to be corrected to 20/20 at that time. this spring I noticed my vision deteriorating and found I was not correctable to 20/20.

I had been researching Corneal Cross Linking, especially epithelium ON, for the last year. In July, I went to Boxer Wachler in LAX for his patented procedure, Holcombe C3-R. Within 3 days, my vision had improved dramatically. Where headlights while driving at night had become intolerable, they were back to normal and I could see the road with oncoming traffic. I can read the computer again without bifocals ( I am 51). I can read the ticker tape on the bottom of the TV form my couch again. I can read roadsigns from a normal distance. Yes, I still need glasses, but I have needed glasses for the last 40 years.

I am currently waiting for the FAA to reply to my record submittal for a 1st Class medical certificate.

Laura