PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2012, 10:24
Stalins ugly Brother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
by Stalins ugly Brother - From what i'm hearing this is all true, to be hinted at at the AGM and to be confirmed early in the new year. Plus the rumour of Jetstar not getting the 787s is not going away according to whispers around the corridors.
I should clarify.

The info i got on the 787s not going to Jetstar won't be released or made official until the arbitration proceedings between the company and AIPA re the LHA is concluded and certified which will probably be early next year. You won't hear it at the AGM, but you might hear about the demise of Jetconnect with the 738s being redeployed to domestic ops and the consolidation of Jetstar domestically and across the Tasman (other words no more expansion).

Also heard we will use Singapore airport sparingly until the 787-9s arrive then ops will ramp up out of there again and Europe will be once again on the radar from 2016. This is on top of the routes to LHR through Dubai which will be further reviewed around that 2016 timeline as well with the possibility of more 380s servicing other destinations to Europe from Dubai.

CAN WE TRUST HIM.
Do we have a choice at the moment??