PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Federal Government supports Emirates/Qantas deal
Old 9th Oct 2012, 10:07
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Aero, every consulting group and government service provider as well as every major corporation does exactly as I have outlined. You can take my word for it. I have had two directors rammed down my throat thanks to chairmans lounge intrigues and it is ludicrous to suppose that Qantas can't execute such a strategy.

I have had it done to me as a reasonably senior execitive in a not so large company say around 100 million turnover. It is devastatingly simple and exploits the fault lines between the public service, the politicians and the ministers staff.

I left out the glaring chasm in Australian regulation - the lack of any laws to prohibit former politicians and staffers from selling their influence to the highest bidder.

To put it another way, both sides of politics are totally and utterly corrupt. The public service, not so much, but they are fighting a losing battle against the moneyed elite.

To put it another way, how do you think those "public/private partnerships" get up all the time?

Last edited by Sunfish; 9th Oct 2012 at 10:13.