PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DfT/CAA Jump Seat Restrictions
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2003, 19:03
Winston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flight deck access for staff/relatives

hi danny all fellow ppruners
i would like to start a new thread regarding flight deck access for relatives and staff.
This thread is NOT about the for/against discussion but is aimed at aircrew (pilots,cabin crew) who believe that the present ruling is ridiculous and would like to unite and find a way forward.
i've read the previous thread by Danny and on numourous occasions ppruners have mentioned that they are prepared to come together if BALPA are not willing to fight on our behalf and finance our own action.
By definition, as pilots, we are all intelligent, self motivated profesionals and feel that if we all came together we should be able to put together a valid argument against this silly blanket rule.
As i mentioned earlier this not about the for/against discussion and not about flight deck visits, it is solely about aircrew and relatives on the flight deck so if any ppruners are for the ruling the previous post is where your opinion wil be heard.
There has been 11 pages of discussion previously and lots of valid points against the ruling so NOW is the time for action, lets pull together and try to find away around this blanket ban.