PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 24 Times in a Row - Clearance Not Available.
Old 9th Oct 2012, 02:02
TriMedGroup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Essendon stuff around is not limited to VFR traffic, normally arriving at ARBEY I am given a heading of around 110 and told to expect a visual approach straight in 26 or right base 35. This heading is normally for around 15 miles at which point the vectors start, if you are lucky you may be cleared to descend even though you advised TOD 20 miles ago. The vectors will then take you on a nice scenic flight covering kilmore, whittlesea and lilydale. Somewhere around the Yarra Valley direct to PLE for the ILS, despite not being ADF equipped on the flight plan, being told to expect a visual approach, and reporting visual with the field in sight.

I notice there is a note in ERSA stating to expect 10 mins holding for a 1 hour period each day. I have never been held just vectored for up to 30 mins - this is a significantly different amout of fuel that a person who doesnt fly there very often may not have.

Surely some type of arrival could be designed that can be planned for, that will make life easier for both pilot and controller and perhaps provide somewhere to hold where you can burn less fuel than just flying 50 extra track miles?

Departing early morning with the GAM aircraft and the ML traffic is also good fun, right turn off 35 heading 150 until through 5000 when your plan is via MNG or OWENS. Request visual dep vis westgate and I get told that will increase the delay?