PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada low cost start-up
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2012, 01:20
555orange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your right Willie.... It's not good for people of our profession to "collectively" bargain with an employer when they are a large group. What a stupid thing to do....

Sounds to me like you'd sell your own kids for a doughnut, just because its a good side to a coffee.

Make no mistake, wages at large airlines affect the whole industry.
It's not some fantasyland over there just because of a union. Those guys work as hard as everyone should, and they are a good bunch of professional guys. You think they dont work? They do 80-90 hrs a month.. 900 a year... just like everyone else. I suppose we should all race to the bottom then and turn into factory workers without rights? Furthermore, they are not that highly paid over there. It's pretty average.

You know what happens in places that don't have GOOD unions and govt supporting labour rights? "Factoring hours" ...like my mate does in the ME. Where companies only count half the flying time on a ULR. So you end up flying 125 hours in the month effectively, but only half count to your 85 hour total.
Or how about what happened to Quantas. Startup an offshore low cost, Jetstar, pay the lowest possible denominator to pilots from other countries, and then fire your own mainline pilots. Wow...yeah Willie.... Lets go that route. We're proud Canadian's aren't we? Your such a sellout.

Shame on you buddy if your a fellow Canuck. We should be supporting reach other as professionals.

Last edited by 555orange; 9th Oct 2012 at 01:25.