PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 8th Oct 2012, 20:40
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starting to see a pattern here, no wonder JQ was done in by a criminal crackhead and RR a couple of dodgy AWIs:
Rural Affairs and Transport Legislation Committee
ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS ON NOTICE
Budget Estimates May 2011
Infrastructure and Transport
Question no.: 141
Program: n/a
Division/Agency: (CASA) Civil Aviation Safety Authority
Topic: Section 42ZC(6) Regulation
Proof Hansard Page/s: 67 (26/05/2011)
Senator Abetz asked:
Senator ABETZ: Can I ask you then, in general terms, for what purposes is an instrument issued under Section 42Z(c)6 of the regulations? Why was that countenanced?

Mr McCormick: I think we will have to take that on notice.
NB Double speak for I have NFI!
Answer:
In general terms, regulation 42ZC(6) of the Civil Aviation Regulations 1988 provides that CASA may, in appropriate cases, and subject to such conditions as may be necessary, authorise a person, who is not otherwise licensed to do so, to carry out specified maintenance on an Australian aircraft in Australian territory, or specified maintenance on an aircraft component or aircraft material in Australian territory.
The provision countenances such authorisations only in circumstances where: the maintenance involved is specified with reasonable particularity; the person authorised has the skills and ability to carry out the maintenance competently and the maintenance is carried out in accordance with such conditions as may be required to ensure it is carried out safely.
Now that's more like the regulator we all know and love!