PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gunners and other Pongos take a rubber-hosing from the MAA
Old 8th Oct 2012, 20:23
Backwards PLT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2's in and Easy - I agree with both of your sentiments but there are obvious sensitivities with this report and at least it took less than a year!!!

I don't know the composition of the board (would be interested) but as it would need to be flying (and pref UAV) experienced but not from the unit in question I am sure there was a large RAF presence. There is therefore the danger of it looking like an inter-services slagging match so everything had to be painfully laid out. A quick "Well you are the Royal Artillery of course you don't understand flying" wouldn't have gone down well - and more importantly probably achieved nothing.

Read the report in that light and some of the phrasing is quite fascinating.

It is disappointing to see that many years of RAF/RN/AAC flying experience (nearly 100 for the former, slightly over for the others!) seems to have been largely ignored. Still gunners always know best, thank goodness they control the SAMs!

If this only stops the Army saying "over" on the radio all the time it will be a result, imho.