PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 24 Times in a Row - Clearance Not Available.
Old 8th Oct 2012, 09:51
Jack Ranga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oz 3, You do need to know 'how things work' to make it work for you. There are some clearances you are just not going to get, mostly due to runway configurations. Things you you NEED to do are make sure a plan is in. It doesn't matter a rats arse if the ERSA says call 10 miles prior to the boundary. When they are short staffed and you are giving them minimum notice with no plan, quite rightly, they will tell you to piss off. Call 20 miles prior to the boundary on the area frequency, with a plan in and get the code at least, they can get you identified at least before you call Radar (which is now called centre but should be called Radar).

It pays to ring the terminal phone number prior to airborne and ask the the dood which track is the most likely to get you a clearance. Ask them if the runway configuration changes what should I plan on? If you keep getting knock backs, complain, complain, complain. Nothing will change if you keep taking it up the jaxie. There are a few pilots on radar, they want to give you a clearance but staffing often dictates not.

Weasel words:

Operational Requirement = Staff shortage. Email Nick Xenephon and tell him you have had a gutfull of short staffing. You pay for a service through the avgas surcharge, demand a friggin' service.

The 'service' ASA 'provides' VFR is pathetic. I have talked to many pilots GA and RPT who are sick and tired of the bull****. I had to change a feeder fix 4 times this morning and their star twice, all within 140 miles Melbourne. Try doing a pre approach brief when you are copping that bull****. It's embarrassing after a while. It's embarrassing sometimes to admit who I work for. You need to get a delegation of like minded instructors to make noises.

The 'service' provided is just not good enough. There are reasons behind the scenes that this is happening. Too many to discuss here. Don't whinge on prune food, it will do nothing. PM me if you want a phone number to discuss