PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane missing en route YCAB?
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2012, 08:51
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ooh, Scary out here in the dark.

FBS # 194 - RIAMA derives from the name of a friend of Ron Adair who founded Aircrafts Pty Ltd. His friend's name was Allan Mair. Mair spelled backwards is RIAM plus his initial A and you get RIAMA.
Fantome # 195 - Aircrafts Pty Ltd, founded by RJS Adair in 1928, commenced a Brisbane - Toowoomba service the following year, etc.
Gents, I thank you. Didn't know Des, but I know the type; and, that name meant something to him. The history and associations of the name are important; they provide an insight to the mind of a hopeless, no holds barred aviator. We loose much when we loose men like these, a caring for things that were and an ability to deal with things as they are.

I shall do more homework; and, unless someone can adequately explain the deep connection: attempt to at least understand the passion, dedication, respect and love, one man had for the greatest game of all: - flight.

Tailwinds and Godspeed to all of this mans character, a rare and much needed icon amongst the dross we now (laughingly) call 'aviation'.

Last edited by Kharon; 8th Oct 2012 at 08:54.