PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane missing en route YCAB?
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2012, 05:32
Fantome

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RIAMA was probably also chosen because it ties in with all those Holyman and ANA aircraft with names such as KYEEMA and PENGANA and BUNGANA. There were about thirty such names given to the fleet over the years.

Aircrafts Pty Ltd, founded by RJS Adair in 1928, commenced a Brisbane - Toowoomba service the following year, then extended it's services through southern Queensland and northern NSW, till in 1949 the company morphed into Queensland Airlines Pty Ltd. Fleet lists show that Aircrafts Pty Ltd had two DH84s that had been named in like fashion, RIADA and RIAMA. The name reversals are obvious in both cases.

ps Just love the picture on the beach Trent, and the two gels dressed so summery.

[QUOTE]
The stories of inadvertent VFR to VMC are interesting. I think most private pilots have had some sort of encounter.
[/QUOTE]

I think an important aspect of this accident was that the pilot consciously chose to take his chances in IMC.
Oh . . . so what enables you to reconstruct the flight with insight into what conscious thoughts occupied the pilot's mind between take-off and crash site?

And what have I and many others been doing wrong all these years, failing to grasp what makes "inadvertent VFR to VMC" so hazardous?

Last edited by Fantome; 8th Oct 2012 at 06:07.