PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Touchdown Short Of Runway
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2012, 03:13
FLEXPWR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meerkat,

You seem well informed and I have heard the same stories about threatening the crew or their family members, very soon after the accident took place. Although nothing can EVER justify such threats or blackmailing, I don't think the threat was related to the possibility of making a go-around.

Not stabilized, no visual contact, go-around.

The pushing culture is indeed an unfortunate reality in many places, but I have yet to see anyone being fired because they went around (less than 3 times in a row... )

The ego of some captains is such that overconfidence overrides common logic, regardless of how many hours they have.

From a human resources perspective, I don't think the FO was too inexperienced -although not much time either- but very probably the combination of a very high timer on the left seat and baby pilot on the right may not always make sense, the authority gradient could be naturally steep, left aside the possible contributing factors of italian displays of their testosterone level, thus preventing direct bi-directional inputs when deviations occur.