PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2012, 23:23
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clandestino:

"By the time the aeroplane stalled, each and every instrument in the cockpit was telling the truth."

Possibly, maybe probably. And the crew were to know this exactly....HOW?

Oh, that's right, the large green bulb, center panel:

"We're valid now, trust me!!"

as if.......

Clandestino:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyman
"If there were usable honest cues on the panel, do you think they would have said nothing about the Attitude until GPWS?"

You say:
"They said something about the altitude well before GPWS."

I referenced Attitude, something they never mentioned, and I find that bizarre.

NeoFit:

Quote: Quoting Me....
… what the pilots were experiencing in the cockpit on the way down.
The PITCH was consistently around 16 degrees,
the a/c was falling at about 1g,
and the airstream is assumed to have been LOUD."

After "stabilised" in final descent. Yet they do not reference attitude (NU), only altitude. This to me means they actually did, and the CVR is not released with this data. I simply cannot fathom no mention of PITCH, they have no AoA, and PITCH is all they have to start with, in any recovery. Altitude is fascinating, and informative, but a SYMPTOM, not the CAUSE. How can they have been silent, hint, they were not.....

Clandestino, HERE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyman
NO ONE knows what the screens showed.....

YOU SAY:
Display units integrity is monitored for the benefit DFDR. Guess what fault was recorded. Yup, none. Anyway, roll disturbance was quickly stopped by CM2, proving he was looking at the functioning attitude display. Also there were references to altimeters recorded on CVR.

I am not talking FAULT, you misunderstand. And what the instruments display is decidedly NOT recorded. Only that they are functioning...... That is obvious, NO?

Last edited by Lyman; 7th Oct 2012 at 23:58.