PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LION AIR(Merged 2011 - 12)
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2012, 17:43
cirrus_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is why it is a great idea to go to Jakarta first, I have a freind who got passed all his sim checks in 2010 and lasted 6 months before having a break down and leaving he is now being pursued for 50k he does not have!

it is for this reason I wrote my thread on what it takes to make it out there, be honest with yourself and if you dont think you could do it save yourself the heart ake.

some of the best advice I could give is below, it comes from experince and my own personal career.

flying a new aircraft is fun for about a month, after that the novelty wears off and it becomes routine. in the case of a Lion air pilot the reality of the low pay would be the major factor for most once the novelty wears off, rememeber there is another 3 years 11 months to go of this, suddernly the 50k to get out seems like a bargain to leave this terrible lifestyle for some

however if you can put that aside and stay focused you may get through it with out any problems.

the average take home pay at Garuda or citilink is around 4-5k PCM
Lion air pay expats 2,300 on paper but I have heard they try and get this lower once they offer you a contract.

dont assume everything will be fine and dandy, get yourself a week in Jakarta first is the best advice on here by far