PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Section Officer Harvey R.I.P. - Susannah York (merged)
Old 7th Oct 2012, 16:17
CoffmanStarter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BEagle, Nutloose ...

I thought you both might be interested in the pic below. It was sent to me some time back when researching RAF Manston's history. I guess the date of the pic would be mid/late 60's when the Battle of Britain film was being made (noting the film release date was Sep 1969). I went to school in Dover in the 60's and can still vividly remember the aerial scenes being enacted in the skies over East Kent !

You might also be interested to know that the Jackdaw Inn featured in the film is still going strong ...

In fact I can still remember getting absolutely Bat Faced at the Jackdaw in the company of this Gentlemen Flt. Lt. R.M.D. (Sam) Hall DFC ... who sadly is no longer with us ... and was one of the "few". He was also my Air Cadet CO when I was in short trousers ... but he had decided there was only one way to celebrate my commission ! To this day I still don't know how I got home ... and on which day ! He was a great individual.

Best regards ...

Coff.