PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No cats and flaps ...... back to F35B?
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2012, 16:14
hval

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Courtney,

Totally agree. I could go on discussing this iPhone thing and what have you, but my allegory for the F35 seems to have got somewhat out of hand.

Peter,

Of course if you are utterly unaware of developments in mobile phones and first heard of smartphones when Apple released their products it must have been like white man invading America. It isn't magic.
Oooh, you mean those paragons of wonder the SE P990i, its' predecessors and the other useless telephones that were supposed to be smartphones (e.g. Nokia 9000 series, Blackberry, Palm Treo), but were not really. As for Apple fanboys being the only ones who buy Apple iPhones, I would think again. What happened to the droves of people who have deserted all other manufacturers leaving many of them bankrupt, close to bankrupt, or chasing after Apple and its' one smart phone product? I am well aware of HTC.

Apple, as I have written before, did not invent anything. They took existing products, produced an OS, stuck them all together and sold a product that was miles better than any other smart phone on the market. It wasn't the best at any one thing it did, it still isn't. The whole package is though.

Peter, I suggest we carry on this discussion by email if you wish to.