PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LION AIR(Merged 2011 - 12)
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2012, 12:11
jetjockey696

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lion Air has cease expats intake. I know because I asked. They going to serve out the reminder of the pilots who have been given a clearance to start with Lion. Recently about 30+ local cadets have start with training with Lion, more to come every month there are many flightschools, churning out CPL. Lion like local cadets more than expats because the contract is 5+years. expats only last 2years at most, some dont even last a year. (homesick)

Cirrus mention Indonesia is not for everyone.. its a tough country.. White guys seems to be a walking $$$.. no one that nice..not even your mom towards you. let's rip him off mentally..hey its a Third World Country... DOG eat DOG world.. you gotta to survive.. especially for the young ladies.... GUYS watch your wallet.. not from pickpockets... but from gold diggers. I know a few young pilots got into trouble with the local talent.. pregnancy etc..

People forget that the hiring of expats was to fill the shortage, fill the gap. Lionair has exceed the allowed number of expats by many times. Now the Indonesia Labour department has ask lion to stop because they seem to have forgotten the local cadets.. so stop or consequences will follow.

Just a little heads up.... pilot hiring bubble in Indonesia has burst.

Last edited by jetjockey696; 7th Oct 2012 at 12:21.