PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADF pilots and trainees too few or too many and what's ahead
Old 7th Oct 2012, 12:06
From Left Field

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It may be helpful if you give an idea of who you are, what you want to know for and so on, rather than just an anonymous request for info. Are you a journo? That's not a bad thing but if so it would be only polite to declare it up front.
I'm just a GA pilot and I've always had a keen interest in the ADF's hardware and those who fly it. Particularly when it comes to ADF pilot training as it's likely far more exciting than mine ever was!

For a first poster, sorry if I was asking too much. I hope it wasn't too prying. No, I'm not a journo. It's a harmless request to know more about what I'm hearing on the grapevine and to quell my curiosity regarding ADF pilot training, not to glean any knowledge or 'gossip' for my own or anyone else's advantage.

Certainly it's no secret there are longish waits for conversions.
What kind of waits have been normal in the past and is the wait now exceptional... 18 months? Are trainees really being given the option of forgoing their ROSO and leaving as there aren't any OCU's that can accommodate them?

Not sure you're being told entirely correct information.
I had assumed that from the start. Thought there might be someone lurking around here that might have a better idea of the situation than those I'd spoken to.