PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JHAS Keeps 457's over Local workers in new Redundancy round
Old 7th Oct 2012, 11:46
genxfrog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romulus, there is no "one" answer that will fix the current problem at JHAS. My point is that had their business leaders worked as a unit with their employees, many of the problems that they now face may have been avoided. I will give you an example. I understand the current EBA expired in March 2010, and currently Im told it has not been renewed with their employees and Unions and negotiations continue. A customer to JHAS (Virgin, Tiger, Jetstar etc) would want certainty with their aircraft maintenance via industrial peace and a locked in EBA would provide this. No one in their right mind would want to hand over one of their aircraft or a long term maintenance contract to an organisation in the middle of their EBA negotiations. So what does JHAS do instead? It drags things out for almost 3 years and my sources tell me there is no end in sight for the negotiations to conclude soon.
One would think that it would be a priority at JHAS to lock in a new EBA and use this as a selling point to their existing and potential new customers but those who sit at the higher end of the John Holland bureaucracy just don't get it.