PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A new career? or too late?
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2012, 10:45
blueskythinking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
think carefully

To all you people out there thinking of applying to Nats or other ansp. Think very very carefully. The job description that is given now will be very very different to the job you will actually be doing in 10,15 or twenty years time. I am involved in some future project work that has opened my eyes massively to what lays ahead. I am in no way trying to put people off as I have had a great career ( 25 years so far ) but would hate to see young people entering a career to see it change very dramatically over the coming few years. If you decide to enter the job may i suggest you gain some other qualifications that will enable you to in some way future proof yourself against the coming tide of change. Be that technology skills or even god forbid management or business skills. The shop floor ATCO is not going to be the valuable and highly skilled person they have been in the past over the coming time. Good luck with your endeavours anyway and just a bit of friendly advice from an old timer!